The lovely, very young Lauren Geatches from loquacious. nominated me for the Leibster Award.
Well not nominated, exactly. She asked and I volunteered on this very warm, welcoming & supportive group of bloggers hosted by Blog Society on FB. You can check out their FB page and ask to become a member if you are into blogging.
A girl after my heart I have to say after reading her blog “Why New Years Resolutions Don’t Work”.
Yep. And I have a “hate” relationship with running too 🙂
I had not heard of this award until now and more than happy to go with the rules that have been passed on!!!
The first one being, to find 11 other bloggers to nominate. I am supposed to check if they have less than 200 followers. That one, I break. I don’t know. These are the ones I enjoyed reading and am very likely to follow!
A very compelling title seduced me to the blog The Story of Telling and found myself purchasing the very accessible “Marketing: A Love Story: How to Matter to your Customers” by Bernadett Jiwa.
Tess Barlett who writes love letters that get into your soul.
Dhanya who seduces me into thinking I too can cook.
Mama Said who in a heartbeat took my back to my first days as a mum.
Starlight Mummy how can women do it all!!!
And another gorgeous working mum at Girl in the PJs
And I know why I go to Pilates because of a thousand times too short
Am envious of Andrea’s farm. Check out her travel stories at The Pineapple Cake
Why I am a little crazy with Natalie over at Our Parallel Connection
I wanna go road tripping with Julie and become a nomad-nester
Slow down with Bex and her breathtakingly poetic pictures at Cup of Tea & Bex
I am meant to reveal 11 random facts about myself, so here it goes…
- I was born in Chandigarh, just because my Mum went to her parents home for her first child!
- I am afraid of swimming in the ocean or those beautiful water pools in the wilderness
- I cannot cook to save my life. Or my pans
- I get bored easily
- When I quit my job in India to come to Australia, my boss gave me a book called “Hope for the Flowers” . I still read it.
- I like the idea of going on big long walks and camping. And am terrified of the creatures in the wild!
- I enjoy food and am a terrible cook
- I love gardening and can kill almost anything
- I love being surrounded by beauty but just CANNOT keep my clothes “neatly” folded. I pick up clothes from the floor only because I like being surrounded by beauty
- I enjoy pampering
- I am wickedly naughty and a rule breaker.
Here are the simple rules of the Leibster Award:
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers. ( I broke that rule!!)
- Acknowledge and link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the person who nominated you has listed. Here are mine
- Where is your favourite place to write? In my studio, where I can look out into the gum trees and listen to the birds flying by.
- Which 3 people, alive or dead, would you want to invite to dinner? Pierce Brosnan. Meryl Streep. My Dad. They are all alive.
- How did you come up with the name of your blog and what does it mean to you? (double question – I’m sneaky!) Stuff from the heart. I think I was just being lazy. And being me.
- What are your personal or creative resolutions or goals for 2015? Balance. I want to be able to step onto the balcony and back into the dance, several times a day.
- If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life what would it be? Salted Caramel. With ice cream.
- Who or what inspires you? Nature
- What is your best piece of advice for life? Be yourself
- What are five words to best describe your blog? Honest. Real. Playful. Plenty said!
- If you could donate all your money to a single charity, which would it be? End Poverty
- What is an embarrassing fact about you or your most annoying habit? Farting at night
- If you had to say goodbye to your sight or your hearing, which would you choose to keep, and why? Hearing. I am an introvert anyway and I love to see things.
- Ask 11 questions you would like your nominees to answer – here are mine:
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you sad?
- What makes you mad?
- What makes you afraid?
- What is your wildest dream?
- What is the one thing you cannot do without?
- If you knew today was the last day on earth, what would you do?
- What would be the naughtiest thing you would do?
- What rule do you want to break and have not?
- What is the one thing you regret not doing?
- What is the one thing you regret doing?